We love pancakes in our house, but I don't necessary love standing by the stove frying and flipping them. The Scandi oven pancake is the perfect solution and a great alternative to traditional pancakes. No standing by the stove, let the oven do the work for you! It also keeps really well for a gluten free pancake. It doesn't go dry and hard so makes a nice snack for the next day if you have any leftovers.
1 litre/1000 ml milk, preferably organic whole milk
4 eggs, organic free range
325 g gluten free white plain flour, I use Doves Farm
2 tbsp melted butter
pinch of sea salt
(2 tbsp sugar, optional)
1. Heat the oven to 225°C and line the baking tray that came with the oven with a baking parchment paper.
2. Into a large bowl add milk and eggs. Mix well.
3. Add flour, sea salt, melted butter and sugar, if using.
4. Mix well and pour to the lined tray. (Tip! place the tray to the oven and pour the mixture carefully when the tray is already in the oven)
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until nicely golden brown. Let it cool few minutes and slice to squares.
Serve with ice cream, cream, jam, fresh berries or what ever you fancy.